Monday, December 17, 2012

Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe


Whenever I go home from work, this establishment's inviting interior never fails in calling my attention.  They are always packed with customers enjoying their conversation in what seems to be a large living room.  In the past 8 years that I'm working, I was only able to dine here twice.  The first experience was okay but I didn't feel the need to write about it since I'm on blogging hiatus not that adventurous with food yet.  This blog is from my second visit wherein I was able to try some of my brother's their must-tries.

THE AMBIANCE:


"The floral wallpaper and the couches scattered
around the area added  to the homey feel
of the establishment"

Aside from the type of service and the food, it is the ambiance that I'm after as well.  If it is cozy enough for me to feel comfortable eating and having an enjoyable conversation with the persons I'm with then I'm good to go.  And Mom and Tina's is one of them.  The floral wallpaper and the couches scattered around the area added to the homey feel of the establishment.  The attentive and the always smiling attendants is a plus 1,000 points too.


they make sure that at least one (if not most) of their attendants is by the cashier area
wherein he can easily see everyone who asks for assistance

THE FOOD:

Most of the foods that we ordered.
From top left (plated): Mom's US Roast Beef with rice,
Bro's Baked Chicken Macaroni, Shepherd's Pie
 (both are served with freshly baked breads)
and Bro's US Roast Beef with rice.

My mom and younger brother ordered their U.S Roast Beef (P385.00).  I remember asking them for a bite sized piece of it so that I can at least describe how it tasted but then my order came right after and before I knew it, it was all gone. Well maybe it just goes to show that both my mom and brother enjoyed what was served.  For the serving size, I can say that it is enough to satisfy a hungry tummy.

My elder brother ordered their most talked about Shepherd's Pie (P210.00) with Baked Chicken Macaroni (P140.00) which I was not able to taste as well, haha!

I know I was not able to deliver what was expected of this blog entry, which is to describe my personal take on how their food tastes, aside from their good service.  I know I can't do anything about it but to say sorry and blame it on the culprit:

The culprit: Lamb Shoulder Chops (P435.00)

The serving is pretty big that I was still able to give a big chunk for my mom to taste.  I didn't liked their mixed veggies, though.  It seemed as if it wasn't properly thawed before cooking. Anyhow, the taste of the lamb itself paired with the mint sauce that they serve already made up for it. Their mint sauce doesn't have the same consistency as those that I previously tried but is still at par with the taste.  I'm more familiar with the thick ones--theirs isn't thick at all.  At first I thought that it is just vinegar with basil leaves.  I was actually surprised when I had the first slice of the lamb with it.  Well, Isn't it already obvious? I'm a mint sauce fan :) Based from my own taste buds, compared to other mint sauces, theirs is more on the sweet side unlike those thick ones that I was able to try that are more on the minty side.  Anyhow, it was able to still complement the taste of the lamb. The food was gone in minutes :)

THE VERDICT:

Overall, the experience was great. It was as if we were transported to a different place once we entered their establishment.  The food was great as well, based from each of my family member's opinion and mine.  With the ambiance, service and food, I can say that we truly got what we paid for.  Even more.  We won't mind spending our hard earned money dining here again.

Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe
FRDC Building,
106 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.,
Pasig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
T: 914-0833






No comments:

Post a Comment