Saturday, June 16, 2012

Disappointing Callospa

This happened just recently.

G and I have been meaning to have a massage since last week. At least a year ago, I was able to purchase a voucher for a massage.  G and I enjoyed our first massage experience but we never had the chance to do it again.

Since the past week had been very tiring for both us, we decided to make time for a second massage experience together.  Since I'm not very familiar with affordable spas in the metro, I spent almost a whole day googling spas within our area.  I came across Callospa in Antipolo.  It's a resort and spa at the same time.  Just a 30-minute drive from where we live. Not bad, right? I actually saw other spas that's nearer our area but what caught my attention was their affordable escape package: 

"This combination starts with the regular hot bath at our hydro massage showers followed by an invigorating eucalyptus scented steam bath. The sand timer keep you posted for 15 minutes followed by another 15 minutes of soothing herbal American lemon grass scented steam room while inside we suggest to walk around to reflex your soles. A luxurious hot Jacuzzi with floating kafir leaves, pandan and AHA rich calamansi tops of your baths. Now comes the mellow time. An hour of combined shiatsu. Swedish-reflex Thai massage in our own sequence described our signature massage. Our own formula of special oils will lull you to sleep to complete your unforgettable escape" --Callospa website
Who wouldn't get carried away by that? Reading it made me want to go there at once.  But it's a Friday and I still have work to do so I thought that maybe it can still wait until the following day. Or so I thought.  After G heard about what the spa offers at an affordable price right after he picked me up from work,  he immediately decided to go there at once.  From my work in Taguig. That same night. At 6PM I called the number that's indicated in their website to ask about their operating hours.  Who would want to waste their time and gas going there only to find out that they're already closed right?  A woman answered, she has this nice and at the same time authoritative voice that led me to think that she's the owner.  I asked her about their operating hours, she told me that they open at 10 in the morning until 10 in the evening, but their last call for massage is 8PM.  I got very excited since I know that we can make it to their spa just before their last call.  I asked her if their couple's room is available. She said yes. I told her that we're coming over. She said okay and asked for my name.  Then we ended the call on a positive note.  Excited, G and I started talking about how we're going to enjoy our unplanned night of relaxation.  He even drove faster to make sure that we arrive earlier than expected.

After all the hustle and bustle, we finally arrived Callospa at around 7:15PM. Even if we're a little familiar with the area, the establishment is not that easy to find.  Maybe it's because directions isn't that visible at night.  Anyhow, upon entry we were greeted by a security guard who then pointed to where we should be going, the reception.  Just before reaching the reception area, you will see their pool on the right side which is not as big as those resorts in the area.

We were welcomed by the receptionist with some of their therapist sitting nearby as if they're previously having a conversation.  I told the receptionist that we were the ones who called a few hours ago. Seeing that she's a little confused, I assumed that she was not informed.  So I gave her a brief background about how my conversation with the person from their spa went.  After hearing what I had to say, she sternly informed me that their operating hours is only until 8PM and that their last call ended at 6PM already. I WAS IN AWE.  I didn't know what to say.  This is exactly what we've been avoiding to happen.  I tried asking her if she's sure. She can maybe do something about it since we're already there.  She told me that all the therapists went home already.  When she saw me looking at one, she followed up that they're already preparing to leave.  I told her that I'm going to call the person I talked to again to clarify.  She even dared me to do it, as if showing that she's the one with the "say" on the situation.  I didn't called anymore. I was already mortified not seeing any hint of remorse from her.  And besides, if in case I urge her to do something about it and let's say she eventually did, our experience might just be ruined by someone who is in a hurry to go home.  

We ended the conversation with us booking a reservation for the next day (this is the good side of me giving them the second chance), leaving Callospa with a very heavy heart.  Before leaving, I told the receptionist the number that I called and she confirmed that it is the owner that I talked to.  I asked her "Bakit hindi nya alam?" ("Why doesn't she know?") She just said some lame excuse that I didn't even cared listening to anymore.

While in the car about to go home, I decided to send a text message to the owner showing our disappointment:

"Hi! I was the one who called earlier to ask about the operating hours of Callospa.  We arrived just now and was informed that you no longer receive guests 'cause, contrary to our conversation, the receptionist told us that your last call is 6PM. So Disappointing" (sent at exactly 7:36PM)

Guess what? I didn't get any reply.

So, did we went the following day for our reservation? Hell, no!  Who would want to be in an establishment that doesn't value customers like they do?

No comments:

Post a Comment